How to sell my house fast for cash… If you opt to take the conventional route, complete with estate agents, viewings, offers, counteroffers, and deals that fall through, surveys, conveyance solicitors, it may seem as if this is an impossible proposition. And it is. The traditional method of selling a house is not fast, even in ‘hot’ markets. It can take up to six months for a sale to move from marketing to completion (if all goes to plan).
If you do not have the luxury – or the funds – to wait month after aggravating month, it may be time to seek an alternative route that delivers you to your destination much more quickly, efficiently and conveniently. But is selling your house fast for cash safe? Secure? Right for you?
Let’s find you some reliable answers.
Cash House Buyers
You may have heard about ‘we buy any house’ companies. These are businesses that operate in the quick house sale industry, and the term itself indicates that they will purchase your property for a cash value. Turnaround is typically very quick; you are looking at about three weeks or less (depending on the specific company) instead of months upon months.
For many sellers, the conventional method works just fine – albeit at a snail’s pace and with a great deal of complication! For others, however, it is imperative that they sell more quickly. For example, you may:
- Wish to sell your house without a chain
- Have had a sale fall through and your timeline has suffered significantly
- Have listed your home some time ago and have not had any luck selling
- Want to avoid repossession
- Want a private sale without sales boards, viewings, etc.
- Prefer to avoid estate agent and solicitor fees, as well as other associated expenses
A company such as GoodMove offers abundant ease, a rarity in the house selling process. The steps are streamline and simple: fill out an online form, wait 24 hours (or less) for your free, no-obligation cash offer, and weigh the offer while our team handles two valuations and a survey. Pending the results of those reports, we may revise our initial offer. You may review any and all reports and documentation in order to make the most well-informed decision.
Protect Yourself – and Your Investment
A house is an investment, any way you look at it. Even if you wanted to live there for the rest of your life… Well, life happens. Situations change. Your needs shift. If you now need to sell at an accelerated pace, you have the option of choosing a quick house buy company to meet your needs.
It is essential that you choose well. While the majority of quick buy companies are legitimate, there are, unfortunately, those who are not. This is true in any industry, thus the need to do our due diligence as consumers. Vet any possibility, and look for:
- A fair offer. The benefit (amongst many) of a ‘we’ll buy any house’ company is that they facilitate a quick sale. Expect, though, that you will receive less than market value. With GoodMove, we can offer as high as 85% (all factors considered). Remember, this includes fees related to surveying, solicitors, valuations, etc, that you would have to pay anyway. If a quick sale company ‘promises’ 100%, this is a red flag. It is simply not feasible.
- When you want to sell your house fast for cash, the company handling the transaction should be a member of the National Association of Property Buyers (NAPB) and the Property Ombudsman, at the least. Also look for adherence to the standards of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) and the Approved Code of Trading Standards.
- Reviews. What do people say about quick buy companies? This is CRITICAL. While you do have to weed out the obviously biased or fake reviews – the trolls, if you will – the fact is that consumers trust their peers. Most people do provide accurate information to help out their friends, family, associates, or random strangers who turn to forums for help.
- Transparency. If you want to sell your house fast for cash, you understandably have many questions. Any company should be happy – and responsive – in providing accurate, targeted, respectful answers. Every step of the process should be explained to your satisfaction, and if at any stage you do not feel comfortable or confident, you should feel free to step away.
Can I Really Sell My House Fast for Cash?
Yes. Find out how it works, and if it is the right option for you and your goals. Contact GoodMove to make the best move for your future.